ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Dibyendu Majumdar" <dibye...@mazumdar.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Some IBATIS Design Issues
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:22:10 GMT
> Have you used EXTERNAL transaction management? This allows for you to
> decide when to commit a transaction. It becomes your responsibility to
> start, commit and end transactions. See Page 5 of the DAO Developer
> Guide.

Yes, I have looked at EXTERNAL.

The SqlMap ExternalTransaction is similar to what I have done in
SqlMapTransaction (when globalCommit = true). But the EXTERNAL type
(ExternalDaoTransaction) in Dao framework is not the same as my
GenericDaoTransaction - because my GenericDaoTransaction is a
ConnectionDaoTransaction - ie, we still use a DataSource to manage
connections - for example, we use the JDBC template to create DAO classes. I
don't think that the EXTERNAL type (ExternalDaoTransaction) in DAO allows
this.

Regards