ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Nilesh Bhattad" <nil...@outlinesys.com>
Subject Common practice to maintain sql maps and properties file
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:50:59 GMT
Folks,
This is how I keep all the mapping files, SqlMapConfig.xml(each per application) and 1 common
SqlMapConfig.properties which has the database connection parameters for all the applications.

src

  |___ XML.app1.ibatis.maps
  |                        |
  |                        |___ all mapping files, SqlMapConfig.xml

  |___ XML.app2.ibatis.maps
  |                        |
  |                        |___ all mapping files, SqlMapConfig.xml

  |___ SqlMapConfig.properties

With this approach, all these files become part of the WAR. And I think this is not a workable
solution if I have to deploy the project onto QA and further environments.

Just wondering, how do you guys maintain these config files? Do you keep it in current working
directory so that they are not part of WAR and each environment can configure database connection
parameters seperately? Also, if I keep SqlMapConfig.properties inside current working directory,
how do I access it inside SqlMapConfig.xml?

Help please!

Regards
Nilesh