ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Brandon Goodin" <Brandon.Goo...@plumcreek.com>
Subject Re: A few dumb questions
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:51:06 GMT
Okay... I think we've been addressing two different points :D

1) Caching and database/sql tuning are the only ways to solve database
perfromance issues
2) Dirty checking provides for the ability to perform actions against
an object upon changes to that object or it's properties
(update/insert/delete). But, does not solve performance issues

We have tossed around the idea of adding some dirty checking in
SQLMaps. But, we have not really felt confident that it should be part
of the SQLMap layer. However, it does not exclude SQLMaps from being
part of a dirty checking strategy. I know that Clinton has recently done
some impressive work down these lines.

Brandon