ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few dumb questions
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:01:40 GMT
For my application dirty checking would improve performance quite a
bit. Consider you have (literally) hundreds of children, but only one
has changed and thus is needed to be stored back. This would increase
performance by a factor of 100. Isn't this something?

However, I suppose that adding this to SQL Maps would hardly fit SQL
Maps overall design and its primary goal of simplicity. Still, you can
just as well do this dirty checking manually...

I will read more of the developers guide and come back with less dumb questions.

Oliver