ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few dumb questions
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:41:28 GMT
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:55:00 -0500, Philippe Laflamme
<philippe.laflamme@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> As you probably know, SQL in iBatis is built using XML. Tags are used to
> test different conditions on the parameter object. So for example, you can
> test whether a value in the parameter is null, equal to some value and so
> on. These tags allows for building complex SQL queries that are easy to
> read, understand and especially maintain.
>
> So instead of concatenating Java String objects to build complex queries
> with a bunch of if-then-else and switch-case statements, you build the query
> by specifying when/how certain blocks should be evaluated.

Cool, thanks, did not know I could use condition tags. With all this
XML parsing and checking, I suppose the overhead still is pretty
negligible compared to the execution of the statement right?

Talking about performance, do you know if prepared statements are being used?

Oliver