ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Luk Meng Soon <lmengs...@gmail.com>
Subject Some Caching Model questions
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:28:04 GMT
Hi all,

I have 2 queries about the cache model.

i.e:
   <cache-model name="oneDayProduct" reference-type="WEAK" readOnly="true">
        <flush-interval hours="24"/>
     </cache-model>

   <statement id="getProductList" cacheModel="product-cache">
        select * from PRODUCT where PRD_CAT_ID = #value#
   </statement>

1. During the flushing of cache, does IBatis automatically release the
jdbc connections?
Else, the conections might get eaten up every day ...

2. Since my readOnly flag is set to true and if the flushing interval
24 hours is up, will there be any synchronization issue issue? i.e: A
user logs in at 23:59 hours, will he be viewing the correct product
list at 00:02 hours assuming that the product list is being flushed at
00:00 hours?

Sorry, I am a new IBatis user so pardon me if I ask stupid questions. Thanks.

Meng Soon