ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Kris Jenkins <krisajenk...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Custom property editor?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:23:03 GMT
Aliaksandr Radzivanovich wrote:

>SQL Maps is great framework!
>
>In my current project java.util.Calendar is used to store dates in
>bean properties. Does SQLMaps work with this type?

Not out of the box.

>Is this possible to add custom property editor to a bean which would
>preprocess/convert property's value somehow before storing or after
>reading it from database?

Yes indeed.  Take a look at the javadocs for
com/ibatis/sqlmap/client/extensions/TypeHandlerCallback.  It includes an
example of how to write a true/false<->YES/NO mapper which should get
you started.

HTH,
Kris

PS - Where are the javadocs?  Okay, for now take a look at the source
file - that's in the distribution under debug/ibatis-debug.jar.

--
Kris Jenkins
Email: kris@jenkster.com