ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Michael McCurrey <mmccur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Object in multiple tables
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 21:55:00 GMT
All depends on how you are going to be getting your primary key and how you
would like it hydrated into your child tables.
There are 2 ways to handle this,
the first is to handle the inserts through a parent transaction and then do
the subsequent insert calls through seperate mapper.Insert(...)
You can get your auto-incremented primary key back using the selectKey
element and push it back into your object.

OR,

It is possible to group multiple insert statements into one insert element,
but its not very elegant or nice to your maint. developers :)