ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Clough, Samuel \(USPC.PRG.Atlanta\)" <Samuel_Clo...@princetonrg.com>
Subject RE: Generic Lists
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:36:22 GMT
I'm probably not thinking clearly and haven't coded using iBatis in a
while, but doesn't it support just the IList interface, not necessary
any collection?  In this case you may be getting lucky with List<T>
simply because that is the default implementation of IList<T>.  Of
course, I could be way off so you may want to wait until the experts
chime in...

  _____

From: Tony Johnson [mailto:listAccount@deepcode.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:20 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Generic Lists

Hi,

I'm struggling with trying to get a custom generic list collection
working with IBATIS lazy loading. Basically, if I have a simple object
with a simple mapping file that lazy loads a list and that list is
defined in my object as a List<T> then things work fine. Eg:

class myobject

{

public List<subobject> Children{get... set...}

}

But as soon as I introduce a new class to take over the list, eg:

public class MyList<T> : List<T>

{

}

And then change myobject to use that:

class myobject

{

public MyList<subobject> Children{get... set...}

}

IBATIS no longer lazy loads any data. I'm under the impression that any
collection that implements IList or IList<T> will work transparently
with lazy loading, yet the MyList<T> class above implements these
(albeit in the base class) and it doesn't work.

Am I doing something stupid here?

Thanks

Tony

Princeton Retirement Group, Inc - Important Terms
This E-mail is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any location
where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation, or which would subject
Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. or any affiliate to any registration requirement within such
location.
This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be protected
by work product immunity or other legal rules. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission. Access, copying or re-use of information by non-intended or non-authorized
recipients is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify
the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute
any portion of this E-mail.
The transmission and content of this E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we cannot represent that the information in this E-mail is complete, accurate,
uncorrupted, timely or free of viruses, and Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. cannot accept
any liability for E-mails that have been altered in the course of delivery. Princeton Retirement
Group, Inc. reserves the right to monitor, review and retain all electronic communications,
including E-mail, traveling through its networks and systems (subject to and in accordance
with local laws). If any of your details are incorrect or if you no longer wish to receive
mailings such as this by E-mail please contact the sender by reply E-mail.