ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS Survey (10 Minutes)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:14:17 GMT
Agreed.  And actually, I hope someday Mono takes over the world.  ;-)

I had the opportunity to work with Microsoft for over a year.  Part of
that time was spent in SDRs for C# 3.0 and LINQ (to SQL and Entities).

C# 3.0 is probably the best language that will have ever crossed my
desktop.  I'm a full time Ruby dev at the moment, and I can still say
that all things considered, I'd take C# 3.0 by choice (with a few
minor tweaks to their libraries -- but with C# mixins/extension
methods, that's not a problem! -- oh please someone help Java).  ;-)

Like I said though, the mere existence of these won't help us.   A
survey that reports 99% in favour of a technology doesn't offer us any
new and compelling information.

Clinton

On 7/10/07, Clough, Samuel (USPC.PRG.Atlanta)
<Samuel_Clough@princetonrg.com> wrote:
> Actually, there are some other web frameworks out there for .NET, some
> of which have a strong following in certain groups such as Castle's
> monorail.  Admittedly, most .NET developers just drink the MS koolaid,
> so webforms is by far the most popular.
>
> I thought Spring.NET had a DAO framework, but I can't remember at the
> moment.

location where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation, or which would
subject Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. or any affiliate to any registration requirement
within such location.
> This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be protected
by work product immunity or other legal rules. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission. Access, copying or re-use of information by non-intended or non-authorized
recipients is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify
the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute
any portion of this E-mail.
> The transmission and content of this E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we cannot represent that the information in this E-mail is complete, accurate,
uncorrupted, timely or free of viruses, and Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. cannot accept
any liability for E-mails that have been altered in the course of delivery. Princeton Retirement
Group, Inc. reserves the right to monitor, review and retain all electronic communications,
including E-mail, traveling through its networks and systems (subject to and in accordance
with local laws). If any of your details are incorrect or if you no longer wish to receive
mailings such as this by E-mail please contact the sender by reply E-mail.