ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Tony Johnson" <listAcco...@deepcode.co.uk>
Subject RE: Generic Lists
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:37:03 GMT

Yeah, I'm using 1.6.1, and according to the documentation, it supports lazy
load proxies transparently for IList<T> and IList implementation. As my
class implements IList<T> in its base class, I would think this should work,
but it's just not the case.

Does anyone know of a work around to this other than the obvious (coding the
property to get it's collection from the database on first access).

Cheers

Tony

  _____

From: Nguyen, Tom [mailto:Tom.Nguyen@rels.info]
Sent: 12 July 2007 19:24
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: Generic Lists

Woopse, that's not generic.  I wanted to simplify the code a little but then
it turns out to be non-generic.  Here is the original code.

    /// <summary>

    /// Simplify Order Children class definition.

    /// </summary>

    [Serializable]

    public class OrderChild<T> : BusinessBase

    {

        /// <summary>

        /// Order

        /// </summary>

        protected EntityRef<Order, T> _order = new EntityRef<Order, T>();

        /// <summary>

        /// Get or sets Order

        /// </summary>

        public Order Order

        {

            get { return _order; }

            set {

                object self = this; // update circular reference

                _order.UpdateValue(value, (T)self);

            }

        }

    }

public class OrderDeliveryAddress : OrderChild<OrderDeliveryAddress> { . }

Regards,

Tom Nguyen
Sr. Developer