ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Prosper <mpro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Perofrmance problem Ibatis 1.2/.NET 2.0/SQL SERVER 2000
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:19:33 GMT
Last precision on my perf pb:
  Ibatis 1.3/.net 2.0/mssql2000: same behavior

  here are the statements sent to the server by resp Ibatis and Ado

  1/Ibatis 1.3
  exec sp_executesql N'SELECT     GCD_FABRICANT, GCD_REMPLACEMENT FROM         PRODUIT
    WHERE
GCD_FABRICANT= @param0', N'@param0 nvarchar(13)', @param0 = N'2130000859907'
go

  2/ADO.NET 2.0
exec sp_executesql N'SELECT     GCD_FABRICANT, GCD_REMPLACEMENT, FROM PRODUIT where GCD_FABRICANT
= @GCD_FABRICANT', N'@GCD_FABRICANT varchar(13)', @GCD_FABRICANT = '2130000859907'

  While The statement sent by Ibatis does more than 30 000reads, the one sent by Ado does
3 reads.

  Any ideas how to precisely give the dbType to Ibatis (in this case
  SqlDbType.VarChar)?

  Thanks for your help

Prosper <mprospa@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Another precision about my perf problem with Ibatis1.2/ado2.0/sqlserver2000: I checked
the statement sent by Ibatis and Ado to the server, and I observed that where Ado sends varchar(x)
for a fixed field, Ibatis sends nvarchar(x);this is the only difference between the two statements;
and just replacing varchar(x) by nvarchar(x) enables to get good perf.
  How could I inform my resultmap about fixed string field?

  Thanks

Prosper <mprospa@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Hello evrybody;
  some more precision about my perf pb:

  I did some benchmarks in order to understand where does ibatis spend its time:

  Bench 1: a simple select, 10 loops, using in one case Ibatis 1.2/mssql2000, ansd in the
other case ADO/MSSQL2000; the MSSQL Profiler shows that Ibatis made more than 75000 reads
on the server for a duration more than 2000, while ADO made just 3 reads for a duration of
0.

  Bench 2: same test, but with MSSQL2005: at this time the two did 3 reads on the server for
a duration of 0ms.

  Does anyone could know why Ibtais makes so much request to the server on the case of mssql2000?

  Regards

Prosper <mprospa@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Hello every body,

  I deal with performance problem using batis with .NET2.0 over sql server 2000.

  - over sql server 2005, i have responses times of 2 ms; with the same configuration but
over sql server 2000, the response time jumps to 3000ms; and when using ADO.NET over sql server
2000, response time is less than 75ms.

  Does any one has encountered this performance issue of Ibatis with .NET 2.0 over sql server
2000?

  Regards.