ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Eka Gautama" <ekagaut...@seatech.com>
Subject Re: ORA-01461 problems
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:05:20 GMT
Hi,

I am only using one table which has t columns with the datatype is VARCHAR2(4000).

Regards

Eka
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Prosper
  To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:52 PM
  Subject: Re: ORA-01461 problems

  Hi Eka,
  that may imply that the two table are not so identical;
  Mya I suggest you to suppress the problematic table, and to recreate it from the one which
is ok.
  Good luck

  Eka Gautama <ekagautama@seatech.com> wrote:
    Hi guys,

    Here is the situatian. I got a table in Oracle DB with 2 columns where the types is VARCHAR2(4000).
I can populate the data to the first column the whole 4000 characters, but why I can only
insert 1000 characters in the second column? if I try to insert 1001 characters, I got oracle
error # ORA-01461 (can bind a LONG value only for insert into LONG column).

    Thank u for the helps.

    Regards

    Eka