ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Mark Witt <mark_l_w...@yahoo.com>
Subject Need ability to send complete SQL to Mapper file
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:32:39 GMT
  Hi all –

  We are using IBatis DataMapper 1.3 and have a requirement to re-use some existing functionality
where plain text sql is stored in our database.

  We need the ability to extract that sql from the database in one step and then pass that
sql with some parameters populated to the SqlMapper and execute that statement.

  Here’s an example of what we are trying to do:
      <statement id="DynamicQuery" parameterClass="string" >
        #value#
      </statement>

  and we’d pass the a select statement like “select sysdate from dual” as a parameter.

              string _query = "select sysdate from dual";

              return SqlMapper.QueryForObject("DynamicQuery", _query);

  This is throwing the following Oracle exception: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number.

  Any thoughts on whether this is possible?  Or if anyone has attempted something similar,
please advise.

  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Mark Witt