ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QueryForDataSet?
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 13:48:23 GMT
On 5/18/05, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a side note. After having toyed with DataSets... I am hard pressed
> to see their value in the long run. It's like the EJB of the .NET
> world. It's not neccesarily as complex... but it is certainly full of
> just as much hot air.

One value I'm running into now is "playing nice with others".

We're testing a third-party component, Aspose.Word,

* http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Word/

and the API uses DataSets and DataTables for the more interesting
master/child reports.

Right now, we're using some simple glue code to convert a HashTable
into a DataTable, so that we can pass it to Aspose.Word. Of course, I
keep thinking that it would be cool to return a DataTable via a
ResultSet instead. :)

In my own use case, I don't need a bidirectional, disconnected
DataSet. We just need to create a DataTable to pass to this other API.

-Ted.