ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Issue with Firebird 1.5 and dot NET v 2.0 Beta
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 21:35:49 GMT
Hrmm, the _templateConnectionIsICloneable optimization might not be as
useful as I thought it was. It looks like there's a good chance
CreateInstance will be called in almost every case. When the connection
provider is first loaded its ConnectionString is most likely null or
the empty.string already. I don't recall seeing code in the source
where the _templateConnection's ConnectionString property is every set.
There's no SetTemplateConnectionString method. I believe its the
calling function's (the method that calles GetConnection())
responsibility to ensure a proper connection string. Perhaps its
simpler to just revert to the original code:

return (IDbConnection)
Activator.CreateInstance(_templateConnection.GetType());

http://www.mail-archive.com/ibatis-user-cs%40incubator.apache.org/msg00389.html

> Since you have the code, modify the following in
> IBatisNet.Common.Provider.GetConnection() to get around the Clone
> error (
> MySql.Data also has this problem but MySql with ByteFx doesn't!)
>
> if (_templateConnectionIsICloneable)
>  {
>  if (_templateConnection.ConnectionString != null &&
> _templateConnection.ConnectionString != "")
>  {
>  return (IDbConnection) ((ICloneable)_templateConnection).Clone();
>  }
>  else
>  {
>  return (IDbConnection) Activator.CreateInstance
> (_templateConnection.GetType());
>  }
> }
> else
> {
> return (IDbConnection) Activator.CreateInstance
> (_templateConnection.GetType());
> }
>

> Roberto
>

> On 5/18/05, Sunil Sreedharan <sree_sunil@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > The databases in both the paths you specified are the
> > same. I just moved it around from "Program Files" path
> > to check if the space in the folder name was creating
> > a problem.
> >
> > I have modified the connection string to the below one
> > as suggested by you.
> >
> > <dataSource name="Firebird1.7"

connectionString="DataSource=localhost;Port=3050;User=SYSDBA;Password=masterkey;database=C:\\WebSites\\WebSite1\\DB\\EMPLOYEE.FDB;Role=;Connection