ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Huy <Patrick....@Frz.cc>
Subject iBatis Eclipse Plugin - Spring IDE Dependency
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 20:14:55 GMT

as I posted earlier we are currently working on an eclipse plugin to aid working with iBatis.

We are facing the problem that we will have to introduce a depenency to SpringIDE in order
to effectively implement the features we want.
The main reason for this is that the wst xml editor does not (cleanly) support adding custom
information based on the current context. Also getting standard jdt completion proposals without
a compilation unit seems to be impossible (springide creates a compilation unit and calls
content complete on it to obtain proposals)
SpringIDE offers easily extendable classes for these functionality.

Would such a depency be acceptable?

And to stop talking about imaginary plugins:
Here is a little preview:

Alpha/Preview plugin:
Note that it has not received much testing but should work. It is however in no way to be
considered stable.
Depends on SpringIDE http://www.springide.org
And WST http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/ (both 2.0.2 and 3.0RC1 were tested and seem to work)

Best Regards