ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "OROSCO-PACORA-CESAR ALONSO" <a20001...@uni.edu.pe>
Subject Re: [IBATIS-249]Race conditions in Throttle lead to thread blockage...
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 14:49:58 GMT
This look like the problem, we are change this but the problem continue. I was see the Throttle.java
and how this are working and this have managed two components Transactions and sessions both
with a pool of synchronized List the transactions count are negative (-170) and the sessions
count are in growing until reach 128 (the max transaction parameter in sql-map-config) at
this moment the thread are in a wait state and the server hung when reach the 50 threads

Any Idea??

On Wed, 2 May 2007 08:04:48 -0600, Clinton Begin wrote
> It sounds more like transactions aren't being ended properly.  Make sure you have matching
startTransaction/endtransaction pairs and make sure the endTransaction is in a finally{} block.

> Though it's likely not the problem, I'd like to get rid of Throttle in an upcoming version...even
if only to forward the error onto the database so that it doesn't look like an ibatis race
condition.  ;-)
> Clinton
> On 4/25/07, OROSCO-PACORA-CESAR ALONSO <a20001019@uni.edu.pe> wrote:

> Hi, we have a enviroment in websphere, Ibatis and DB2 we are currently work with ibatis
2.2.0 but we have a thread problem like this reported previously : "The application works
fine for several thousand database calls through iBatis. After a while, suddenly it hangs
whenever it is tries to access the database through iBatis." ( http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-249)

> Initally we have Ibatis 2.1 but we are update to 2.2.0 and the issue continue.
> ¿if we setting the maxWait parameter in Throttle.java  "public Throttle(int limit,
long maxWait)" this could to solve the problem?
> Any Idea?
> Thanks
> P.D. I apologize for my language! ;)
> Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria (http://www.uni.edu.pe)