ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IBATIS-249]Race conditions in Throttle lead to thread blockage...
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 14:04:48 GMT
It sounds more like transactions aren't being ended properly.  Make sure you
have matching startTransaction/endtransaction pairs and make sure the
endTransaction is in a finally{} block.

Though it's likely not the problem, I'd like to get rid of Throttle in an
upcoming version...even if only to forward the error onto the database so
that it doesn't look like an ibatis race condition.  ;-)

On 4/25/07, OROSCO-PACORA-CESAR ALONSO <a20001019@uni.edu.pe> wrote:
>  Hi, we have a enviroment in websphere, Ibatis and DB2 we are currently
> work with ibatis 2.2.0 but we have a thread problem like this reported
> previously : "The application works fine for several thousand database calls
> through iBatis. After a while, suddenly it hangs whenever it is tries to
> access the database through iBatis." (
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-249)
> Initally we have Ibatis 2.1 but we are update to 2.2.0 and the issue
> continue.
> ┬┐if we setting the maxWait parameter in Throttle.java  "public
> Throttle(int limit, long maxWait)" this could to solve the problem?
> Any Idea?
> Thanks
> P.D. I apologize for my language! ;)
> Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria (http://www.uni.edu.pe)