ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Site design...wow
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 14:21:30 GMT
On 3/5/07, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sure i'm not addressing something. But, this is a quick brain dump. What
> is cool is that I think we have most of these things in the bag. The only
> area I see room for improvement is to adjust to site to provide clear paths
> for the different levels of involvement in iBATIS.

There is one odd wrinkle, that the current iBATIS layout already handles well.

A key notion is that the Foundation is distributing the software, not
the individual committers. Before we release software to the general
public, the PMC approves the software on behalf of the Foundation. To
close the loop, we should draw a clear line between a PMC-sanctioned
release and unreleased software that is not yet fully PMC approved.
It's not uncommon for open source sites to glom everything together,
so it is not clear where the "general pubilc" site ends and the
development site begins, which is not the best approach for a ASF

In the case of iBATIS, the link categores do draw a clear line, as
would a site arranged into "trails" for prototypical visitors.

In terms of a face list, the Cayenne space seems nice, and the
stylesheet is under SVN.

* http://cayenne.apache.org/why-cayenne.html

* https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/site/trunk/tlp-site/src/confluence/auto-export-template.txt

Not to nag, but are we ever going to move the Confluence space to

Right now, a lot of ASF projects are exporting the Confluence spaces
to HTML, so that the core site is under Confluence too. With the
autoexport plugin, the process is transparent and seamless. Here's the
HTML version of the Cayenne site, being served by Apache HTTPD

* http://cayenne.apache.org/why-cayenne.html

And, in a similar vein, are we ever going to move out of the
com.ibatis namespace? With SVN, we can make these sort of changes
without losing history.

View raw message