ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Support for Maven (impacts Java version only)
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:38:59 GMT
In my own little perfect world, I'm -1.  The iBATIS ant build is so
simple now - I hate to see it mucked up just to supply the Maven meta-bs as
Clinton so eloquently put it.

However, I would like to see the iBATIS jars in the Maven repository - if
for no other reason than to help those who can't figure out how to set a
classpath without a tool.  If a maven build makes that possible then I guess
I'd be +2, but reluctantly.

I think that supporting both Ant and Maven is problematical - seems like we
should just pick one for simplicity going forward.

So I guess I can't give a single vote.  Can someone definitively answer this
question:  Can we get the iBATIS jars to the maven repository without doing
a maven build?  That's the key point for me.

Jeff Butler

On 2/14/07, Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com > wrote:
> Hi all,
> It strikes me that there was enough discussion around the Maven build
> to warrant an official vote for Maven support.
> +2 => Replace our Ant build entirely with a Maven build.
> +1  => Support Maven by including a Maven build alongside our Ant build.
> 0 => Don't care or I don't know enough about Maven to decide.
> -1 => Do not support maven.
> Cheers,
> Clinton

View raw message