ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Support for Maven (impacts Java version only)
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:17:28 GMT
Maybe a one-liner to deploy the JAR to a local repository, but to
ready the JARs for public distribution, we also need to sign them and
such. You can do everything that's needed by hand, without Maven, but
it can be a lot of work.

Even at Struts, we don't have the complete Maven build and deploy down
to a one-liner yet. A key bottleneck is that signing the JARs should
not be a fully automatic process, since its not a good idea to embed a
passphrase in a script. So, it's more like three steps: build, sign,
deploy.  But, the same should be true of Ant, if we are being careful
about signing.

On 2/14/07, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> The broader purpose of this is not just to see if we can get jars into maven
> but rather to see if maven can simplify our build/release process. If you
> have a one liner then that is great. I'd love to see it.
> Brandon
> On 2/14/07, Slava Imeshev <vimeshev@viewtier.com> wrote:
> > I seriously doubt that this would require switching to Maven
> > build.
> >
> > I cannot speak for a global catalog, but adding an item built
> > with Ant to a local Maven repository is a one-liner.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Slava Imeshev

View raw message