Nice job Jeff.

This also marks the first time someone else has done the full build and deploy cycle of iBATIS.  This is a milestone that shows iBATIS is truly a team effort (i.e. bus factor > 1 ;-)

Great job to the whole team on another successful release.

Cheers,
Clinton

iBATIS for Java version 2.3.0 is now available.

This release includes several bug fixes and enhancements. Additionally, this release offers new support for local caching of prepared statements. Caching prepared statements can lead to significant performance improvements in many environments.

The Java DAO framework has been deprecated and removed from iBATIS as of release 2.3.0. We heartily recommend that you consider using the Spring Framework for all your DAO needs! Spring offers great support for iBATIS.

The paginated list methods have been deprecated with this release. The methods were confusing to many users and often misused. We suggest using native database support for paging, or that you use the query methods with skip and max settings.

Release 2.3.0 supercedes the 2.2.0 release which will remain at beta status due to minor bugs. We recommend that all 2.2.0 users upgrade to version 2.3.0.

I expect that there will be a vote to promote 2.3.0 to General Availability status in two weeks.

You can obtain the new release here:

http://ibatis.apache.org/javadownloads.cgi

Enjoy!

Jeff Butler