ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of 2.3 Release
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 13:59:28 GMT
I think it's a good idea too.

I could sign the 2.2.0 zip and publish it to the mirrors.  I want to add the
2.2 PDF docs to it first though.  Then everything for the last DAO release
(including docs) would be in one place.

Sound like a plan?
Jeff

On 12/2/06, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that would be good (of course) :D.
>
> Brandon
>
> On 12/1/06, Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com > wrote:
> >

> > That's a great point.  I've had similar discussions.
> >
> > How about this:  Let's do the vote for 2.2. GA right now.  Assuming it
> > passes (I don't see why not considering how long it's been out), we update
> > 2.1.7 to 2.2 on the website by Monday.
> >
> > Then, next Friday (7 days) we start the vote for 2.3 GA and give it 7
> > more days to settle.  Within two weeks we'll have a 2.2 and a 2.3 GA.
> >
> > I agree that we should probably GA 2.2 because people are already using
> > it, but also because it's the last DAO release...that way we have a GA'd
> > final DAO.
> >
> > Sound good?
> >
> > Clinton
> >
> >  On 12/1/06, Brandon Goodin < brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm fine with pushing 2.3. But, I had a conversation on the list with
> > > someone who feared upgrading to 2.2 because it wasn't GA. This was,
> > > apparently, a company policy. They need a feature that is available in
> > > 2.2 but will not upgrade because it is not GA. If we do not make 2.2GA then
their company policy will continue to hold them up. I guess I don't
> > > see a reason why we wouldn't make it GA. It has been available for some time
> > > with fewer bugs than 2.1.7. If I were to blow off any release I'd blow
> > > off 2.1.7 because it conatins more bugs than 2.2.
> > >
> > > Brandon

I'm

The

 I've sent a note to infra@