ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New iBATIS Documentation Format
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:49:48 GMT
> The biggest thing for me is the embedded XML within the docs.  Because
> iBATIS has a  lot of XML of its own, it becomes a real pain when we have to
> start typing hundreds of &lt;select&gt; everywhere...

A problem solved by Confluence, since it is not tag-based.

We have the same problem with Struts 1. A lot of documentation
involves JSP tags, which means escaping everying. I've maintained
documentation like that, mostly by hand, in XML, for going on six
years, and it's not pretty.

Of course, there are lotts of issues with Confuence too, especially
when you want to make sweeping changes. But, in terms of day-to-day
straight-up programming documentation, it's hard to beat.

View raw message