ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: developer guide for Data Mapper 2.2 seems to be missing section numbering
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:53:31 GMT
Don't get us wrong Richard, we're not on your case.  Your points are all
valid, and we want to take them seriously.

I want a solution that:

   - Improves the quality of our documentation
   - Improves the timeliness of our documentation
   - Improves community involvement

>> my wife and baby need some love and attention too.

Hehe...not all open source developers are single, university undergrads with
all the time in the world.  :-)

I think Larry and Brandon and myself have 3 wives and 8 children among us
(well, we don't share them or anything -- but Larry does live in Montana).

So don't think you're unique or that we have any more time than you.  Open
Source is about sharing time to produce great software (and documentation).

The story of Little Red Hen comes to mind (and makes a good bedtime story
for our kids).

On 9/21/06, Richard Sullivan <itexpert.sullivan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>Why haven't *you* added the section numbers?
> Typical answer of an opensource geek.  Sheesh I suddenly feel an urge
> to write this friggin JDBC by hand after all.  OK, if IBATIS works for
> me I'll do the doc ;=)  Just don't hold your breath - my wife and baby
> need some love and attention too.
> Now you guys check out the wiki/docbook thing and get off my case ;=)
> R.

View raw message