ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple Result Set Support complete, 2.2.0 will fly within a week
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 09:27:59 GMT
Hi all,

The good news is that I'm on vacation.  The bad news is that I spent the
last 6 hours watching the first two extended edition Lord of the Rings
movies while implementing the Multiple ResultSet support.

That was the last "required" feature for 2.2.0 to go out, so I'm thinking it
should be no more than a week before we see it deployed.  There may be a few
more things to go, but certainly not of that size.

Speaking of major features, I think that must be darn near the entire JDBC
API we've wrapped with iBATIS, and iBATIS 2.0 is showing its age.  It's been
in production for almost 2.5 years, which is great life to get out of any

That said, with 2.2.0 out, I fully expect the next major version to be 3.0.
I recommend 2.0 enter an extended maintenance mode, whereby we only fix bugs
and make minor improvements to existing features.

I don't suggest we attempt to leverage Java 5/6 or JDBC 3/4 features in
iBATIS 2.x.

Instead, I'm thinking iBATIS 3.0 should cover all of those, with 2.x still
supported until JDK 1.4 drops to well below 15% usage (it's currently at
around 80%).

Thoughts welcome.

View raw message