ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject ibatis.com and DTD hosting
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:16:55 GMT
Hi everyone.

The following mostly affects users of the Java version of iBATIS, but it's
always nice to keep our C# friends in the loop.

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that iBATIS is very popular
and in August we served up over 1,000,000 of the sql-map-2.dtd. Most
versions of iBATIS actually resolve the DTD from the JAR file, so most of
these hits are likely from IDEs and other tools/parsers that are making use
of the DTD.

The bad news is that this is unfortunately starting to cost me money in
bandwith overcharges. :-)

Therefore this is a perfect opportunity to change. This will be a three step

1) If you haven't done so already, you should switch to use the DTD URLs
found here http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/ (i.e. NOT the ones at

2) If you haven't done so already, you should upgrade your iBATIS version to
the latest, to ensure that your DTDs resolve from the JAR files.

3) The by November 30, 2005, the DTDs will cease to be available at
ibatis.com <http://ibatis.com>, and will only be available from

So let's celebrate our success by making the switch to using the DTDs hosted
by Apache.

Of course if you see serious issue with this, please let me know.

Best regards,

Clinton Begin

View raw message