ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Boden <list...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Caching question (reply on JIRA-180)
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:03:16 GMT

For a) ok for testing purposes I guess

For b) "In the above case, since getUserByName uses the same
cacheModel as getAllUsers, will it get the data from the cache built
by getAllUsers ? ( assuming getAllUsers is called first)".

No, I did not verify this in the source code, but I do remember a
discussion in the mailing list on this:
(and read e.g. Larry's first reply).

For c) "The other question I have is: what does the size/cache-size
mean when we get a list of objects. For eg for the getAllUsers case if
we specify the size to be 50, will only 50 records/objects in the
returned list be cached?"

Depends on your cache controller, look e.g. in the source code
com\ibatis\sqlmap\engine\cache, the fifo and lru cache-controller
configure the size of the cache in method configure().
I would assume the intention of cache-size is to determine the maximum
number of records/objects in there.

View raw message