ibatis-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject JDBC 3 Support
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:05:41 GMT
Hey guys,

I'm reposting this because i'm not sure it got out with all the email
hiccups over the last day. I'd really like to get some feedback on
this. It will help us to move forward with adding jdbc 3 support...

We need to start supporting some jdbc 3 functionality. I was thinking
we can use the <settings> tag and add a compatibility attribute to it.
The default would be 2 but could be configured to support 3. Then when
we add support for savepoints, generated keys, etc... we can throw a
sensible exception when someone tries to use jdbc 3 functionality in a
jdbc 2 compatibility mode.

My question is, do we want the support to be explicit with the setting
tag? or do we want to use an autodetection means?

<settings ... [compatibility="3"]/>

View raw message