hudi-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vinoth Chandar <vin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.7.0 Release planning
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2021 03:32:34 GMT
Folks, travis has been very slow and now or builds have stopped running
altogether. Any one with some ideas?


On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 7:37 AM Vinoth Chandar <vinoth@apache.org> wrote:

> Winding down.
> We have landed two major fixes based on testing
>
> 1. https://github.com/apache/hudi/pull/2441#issuecomment-761742963
> 2. https://github.com/apache/hudi/pull/2451
>
> Hoping to land 2441 today or tomorrow (given its a holiday in the US; hard
> to grab reviewers) and be on our way
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 9:33 AM Vinoth Chandar <vinoth@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Apologies for the delay everyone.
>>
>> We discovered some perf issues during testing, still working on fixing
>> them and re-certifying rfc-15 on both hdfs/cloud environments.
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/hudi/pull/2441
>>
>> Thanks for your patience
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 7:51 PM Vinoth Chandar <vinoth@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Folks, we have one more blocker to go. Please refrain from merging any
>>> large PRs. Will report back here early tomorrow.
>>>
>>> On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 9:55 AM Nishith <n3.nash29@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Wish everyone a very Happy New Year!
>>>>
>>>> There are some large changes that have (and will) gone in for 0.7.0 so
>>>> we should keep sometime for testing and baking. Looking at the release
>>>> blockers, Friday code freeze sounds good.
>>>>
>>>> -Nishith
>>>>
>>>> > On Jan 1, 2021, at 10:30 AM, Vinoth Chandar <vinoth@apache.org>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> >
>>>> > Folks,
>>>> >
>>>> > Wish you all a very happy 2021 ahead!
>>>> >
>>>> > Quick update on the upcoming release. We have just 3-4 majors PRs to
>>>> go.
>>>> > I propose we move the code freeze to next friday for the following
>>>> reasons
>>>> >
>>>> > - Gives us more time to test/bake master branch
>>>> > - More people will be back to work and more hands on deck to vote/test
>>>> > - Given multi writer support is almost ready as well, and its a oft
>>>> > requested feature, it helps us get that in also
>>>> >
>>>> > Please use this thread to discuss.
>>>> >
>>>> > Thanks
>>>> > Vinoth
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>> >> On Fri, Dec 25, 2020 at 9:57 AM Vinoth Chandar <vinoth@apache.org>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> >>
>>>> >> I am applying the "release-blocker" label to PRs that fall into
the
>>>> >> category.
>>>> >> Committers/PMCs should have perms to do the same as well.
>>>> >> Thanks
>>>> >> Vinoth
>>>> >>
>>>> >>> On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 9:36 PM Vinoth Chandar <vinoth@apache.org>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> Folks, we have made great progress knocking off the blockers.
>>>> >>> Consequently, been only focusing on them for the last week or
so.
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> If you have a small PR or an open PR that you think is a blocker,
>>>> please
>>>> >>> mention me on the PR to let me know. One of us will try to
>>>> prioritize them.
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> Otherwise, your patience is much appreciated on open PRs as
try to
>>>> push
>>>> >>> more testing, hardening to make 0.7.0 a good land, till end
of next
>>>> week.
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> Thanks
>>>> >>> Vinoth
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>>> On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 2:53 PM Vinoth Chandar <vinoth@apache.org>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>>> Hi all,
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>> Release steps are here
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>>
>>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI/Apache+Hudi+-+Release+Guide
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>> I think some of the steps need committer access. Maybe I
can drive
>>>> it
>>>> >>>> myself and ask Danny/Wangxianghu for help as needed?
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>> Release Candidate by Dec 31 seems fine with everyone? (given
lots
>>>> of
>>>> >>>> folks will be on vacation, may be best to do the voting
after new
>>>> years?)
>>>> >>>> What do you all think?
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>> Thanks
>>>> >>>> Vinoth
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>> On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 2:07 AM vino yang <yanghua1127@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> >>>>
>>>> >>>>> +1 for Danny as the RM of 0.7
>>>> >>>>> +1 for xianghu to give the necessary help
>>>> >>>>>
>>>> >>>>> Considering it's a major version, I and @leesf <
>>>> leesf0315@gmail.com>
>>>> >>>>> can
>>>> >>>>> also give some help if necessary
>>>> >>>>>
>>>> >>>>> Best,
>>>> >>>>> Vino
>>>> >>>>>
>>>> >>>>> wangxianghu <wxhjsxz@126.com> 于2020年12月17日周四
下午6:00写道:
>>>> >>>>>
>>>> >>>>>> +1
>>>> >>>>>> I can assist Danny in this release :)
>>>> >>>>>>
>>>> >>>>>>> 2020年12月17日 下午2:08,Danny Chan <danny0405@apache.org>
写道:
>>>> >>>>>>>
>>>> >>>>>>> If no other release managers, i can be the one,
although i'm
>>>> only a
>>>> >>>>>>> contributor now ~
>>>> >>>>>>>
>>>> >>>>>>> Vinoth Chandar <vinoth@apache.org> 于2020年12月16日周三
下午12:36写道:
>>>> >>>>>>>
>>>> >>>>>>>> Hello all,
>>>> >>>>>>>>
>>>> >>>>>>>> We are hoping to cut a release candidate
by Dec 31. Any
>>>> volunteers
>>>> >>>>> for
>>>> >>>>>>>> being the Release Manager?
>>>> >>>>>>>>
>>>> >>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>> >>>>>>>> Vinoth
>>>> >>>>>>>>
>>>> >>>>>>
>>>> >>>>>>
>>>> >>>>>
>>>> >>>>
>>>>
>>>

Mime
View raw message