hudi-users mailing list archives

From Balaji Varadarajan <v.bal...@ymail.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Not able to query real time table when rows contains nested elements
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2020 17:03:55 GMT
 Lets discuss this in the jira you created.
Balaji.V    On Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 04:03:06 PM PDT, Bharat Dighe <bdighe@gmail.com>
wrote:

 Hi,
I have a MOR hudi table created with records which has some nested elements. I am doing it
in the docker demo environment.I get an exception when I run a select query with columns
which are nested for real time view. For example:1) spark.sql("select name, experience from
users_mor_ro") //works fine for RO view2) spark.sql("select name from users_mor_rt") //works
fine for RT view3) spark.sql("select name, experience from users_mor_rt") //fails RT view
The 'experience' above is a nested field.
I am seeing the following exception.
20/10/11 19:53:58 ERROR executor.Executor: Exception in task 0.0 in stage 147.0 (TID 153)
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot inspect org.apache.hadoop.io.Text at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.parquet.serde.ArrayWritableObjectInspector.getStructFieldData(ArrayWritableObjectInspector.java:152)
at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveInspectors$$anonfun$4$$anonfun$apply$7.apply(HiveInspectors.scala:688)
I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-1340I have added my code, avro
files, and scala code to this JIRA.
Queries work fine with Hive.
Please share if there is a workaround.