httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Long <hack3r...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Forwarding IP to HTTPS. [EXT]
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2020 15:39:14 GMT
 Excuse me,Can you clean my configuration?
    On Monday, October 12, 2020, 07:06:17 PM GMT+3:30, Frank <thumbs@apache.org> wrote:

 James,

Omitting an explicit ServerName in name-based vhosts is a bad idea as
well. You can create conflicts or ambiguities.

On 12/10/20 11:22 AM, James Smith wrote:
> This would be my set-up in your case - note as someone said it was too complex I've removed
the extra security bits I'd left in by accident...

> ## Port 80 && 443 default configs...
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>  RequestHeader unset X-is-ssl
>  RewriteEngine    on
>  RewriteRule      ^(.*)$ https://www.mydomain.com%{REQUEST_URI} [R=permanent,L,NE]
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:443>
>  RewriteEngine    on
>  RewriteRule      ^(.*)$ https://www.mydomain.com/%{REQUEST_URI} [R,L,NE]
> </VirtualHost>
>
> ## Port 443 default - this is our main server...... so your main apache config stuff
should be in here with SSL configured correctly..

> <VirtualHost *:443>
>  ServerName www.mydomain.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> If you have more than one domain then you will need to add rules on port 80 to preserve
the hostname & also blocks for each additional domain