httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chen, Mengchang" <mengchang.c...@jpmchase.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to keep httpd balancer scoreboard persistant when MaxConnectionsPerChild set to non-zero?
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:01:35 GMT
Isn’t it the mod_proxy_balancer using mod_slotmem_shm to share data regarding to balancer
within httpd processes?  If httpd child process recycled(MaxConnectionsPerChild set to non-zero),
why is data related to balancer lost?

From: Suvendu Sekhar Mondal [mailto:suv3ndu@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 9:48 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to keep httpd balancer scoreboard persistant when MaxConnectionsPerChild
set to non-zero?

Mengchang,

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 6:57 PM Chen, Mengchang
<mengchang.chen@jpmchase.com<mailto:mengchang.chen@jpmchase.com>.invalid> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am facing this issue that when MaxConnectionsPerChild set to non-zero, the httpd balancer
scoreboard will reset whenever its child process recycled.  Is there a way we can keep the
scoreboard data persistant?

I assume you are talking about balancer-manager data of Apache -
right? If so, as far as I know, this information is not saved anywhere
other than Apache's own memory. You have to came up with your custom
application to capture all those data for future use.

> Thanks,
>
> Mengchang
>
> This message is confidential and subject to terms at: https://www.jpmorgan.com/emaildisclaimer
including on confidentiality, legal privilege, viruses and monitoring of electronic messages.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender immediately.
Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.