httpd-users mailing list archives

From Osman Zakir <osmanzaki...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Port Forwarding Help?
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2019 20:50:19 GMT
I found out that the problem was that I was using port 8080 which was blocked by my ISP.  I
managed to get it to work using a different port (port 8443 didn't work either).

Now I need to ask this: if I want to put my app behind Apache's reverse proxy, do I need to
set up port forwarding for just the port that I set for the reverse proxy in ProxyPass directive,
or do I also have to do it for the one Apache is listening on?

Also, I got a free DynDNS from dynu.com and I'm serving my app on port 5501 on it, but is
there no way I can use a URL where specifying the port number isn't a requirement?  The URL
is http://dragonosman.dynu.net:5501/ .  And if I want to get an SSL certificate for it, seeing
as I'm hosting it on my own computer with a Dynamic DNS, how do I prove ownership of the domain
when I try to use something like this? https://www.sslforfree.com/ .
SSL For Free - Free SSL Certificates in Minutes<https://www.sslforfree.com/>
Free SSL Certificate issued in less than a minute. 100% Free Forever. Never pay for SSL again.
Thanks to Letsencrypt the first non-profit CA.. Widely Trusted. Our free SSL certificates
are trusted in 99.9% of all major browsers.
www.sslforfree.com