httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Muggeridge, Matt" <matt.muggerid...@hpe.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: Updating Response url from Apache
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 02:01:42 GMT
There are bound to be other approaches, but one method is to configure the www.external.com
server as a reverse proxy.  This assumes you have control of the web server running on www.external.com.

Matt.

From: Naveen Nandyala [mailto:Naveen.Nandyala0@walmart.com.INVALID]
Sent: Monday, 14 January 2019 11:25 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Updating Response url from Apache

Hello Team,

                We are currently using application internal to our network using something
like below
www.internal.com/<Application_Context_Root>/menu.jsp<http://www.internal.com/%3cApplication_Context_Root%3e/menu.jsp>

We are working to expose our application to external users we use an additional component
Adobe Experience manager for accessing application which appends and additional context root
in request header before even hitting our proxy server in DMZ which proxies request to internal.
Now our request for external users will be.
www.external.com/services/app/<Application_Context_Root>/menu.jsp<http://www.external.com/services/app/%3cApplication_Context_Root%3e/menu.jsp>,
when it redirects to internal Apache web server and when internal web server responds back
to external its not appending additional context root in header /services/app due to which
it's failing.

I’m looking for my internal Apache web server to identify any request coming to the internal
Apache web server from www.external.com<http://www.external.com> sends a response back
to external by appending /services/app to the header before Application_context_Root.

I think I may not be able to use rewrite module to achieve, I’m looking at substitute module.
Is there a way I can add a condition to substitute module and append it to response header
from apache?

Any request that comes to Apache from www.external.com<http://www.external.com> or Proxy
server should be filtered and in every response that apache sends to this requests  I need
to add “/services/app” to header before application context root.

Naveen Reddy
Senior Systems Engineer Middleware Webservices – Cloud Middleware
Strati PaaS – Core Foundations
Cell: 479 321 4679
Naveen.Nandyala0@walmart.com<mailto:Naveen.Nandyala0@walmart.com>