httpd-users mailing list archives

From Osman Zakir <osmanzaki...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy (Port Forwarding for just the port used in ProxyPass, or what?)
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2019 06:23:50 GMT
If I want to put my app behind Apache's reverse proxy, do I need to set up port forwarding
for just the port that I set for the reverse proxy in ProxyPass directive, or do I also have
to do it for the one Apache is listening on?

Also, I got a free DynDNS from dynu.com and I'm serving my app on port 5501 on it, but is
there no way I can use a URL where specifying the port number isn't a requirement?  The URL
is http://dragonosman.dynu.net:5501/ .  And if I want to get an SSL certificate for it, seeing
as I'm hosting it on my own computer with a Dynamic DNS, how do I prove ownership of the domain
when I try to use something like this? https://www.sslforfree.com/ .