httpd-users mailing list archives

From Osman Zakir <osmanzaki...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: About Using ProxyPass Directive
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 20:58:31 GMT
Adding to previous message: I set up port forwarding on ports 8080 (for HTTP) and 8443 (for
HTTPS) for my internal IP address on my router and I also put in my IP address for the DMZ
host.

Just now when I tried to start httpd as a service (I had to do it as an Administrator because
I was getting "Access is denied" errors otherwise), I got this message:
"
[Tue Jan 15 01:42:46.023403 2019] [env:warn] [pid 10636:tid 500] AH01506: PassEnv variable
<Google API Key value here> was undefined
[Tue Jan 15 01:42:46.027402 2019] [env:warn] [pid 10636:tid 500] AH01506: PassEnv variable
<currencylayer.com access key value here> was undefined​
AH00526: Syntax error on line 556 of C:/Apache24/conf/httpd.conf:​
ProxyPass URL must be absolute!: E:/programming/visual_studio_2017/Projects/currency_converter/x64/Release
"

I hid the values of the environment variables here because they're API keys.  I've set them
using the PassEnv directive like this:
"
PassEnv apikey "<Google API Key value here>"
PassEnv accesskey "<currencylayer.com access key value here>"
"

Did I do it wrong?  If so, please help me fix it.

And why is it (as I interpret it) saying that the URL is not absolute?  The application I
want to deploy behind the reverse proxy is at that location on my computer.  Do I need to
use the DDNS subdomain URL I got, or is there something else I'm missing?  If I give it the
DDNS subdomain URL, how will it know where the app's files are on my computer?  Or do I need
to start the application server (the C++ executable program is also a web server) before starting
the Apache httpd?