httpd-users mailing list archives

From Osman Zakir <osmanzaki...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] About Using ProxyPass Directive
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 15:24:33 GMT
The application I want to deploy behind the reverse proxy is in the E:\programming\visual_studio_2017\Projects\currency_converter\x64\Release
directory on my computer, and I got a free subdomain from https://www.subdomain.com which
forwards to my external IP address which I got from searching "my ip" in my browser.  The
URL for it is https://dragonscurrencyconv.com.nu.  Right now it won't get to the app at all
because although I've set up port forwarding, my app still can't talk to the Internet publicly.
 I want to try setting up a reverse proxy again.

The front-end JavaScript code in my app sends a GET request to the server code I wrote in
C++ that asks for the currency API access key so it can use it to get the list of currencies.
 The path URI for the access key is "/?q=accesskey".  I want to configure this on the ProxyPass
as well so that it'd route to reverse proxy server correctly.  Right now my reverse proxy
configuration looks like this:

"
<Directory "E:/programming/visual_studio_2017/Projects/currency_converter/x64/Release">
Options All​
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks​
    AllowOverride None​
    Require all granted​
</Directory>​
​
<VirtualHost *:8000>​
    ServerAdmin osmanzakir90@hotmail.com​
    ServerName dragonscurrencyconv.com.nu​
ServerAlias www.dragonscurrencyconv.com.nu​
    ErrorLog "logs/dragonscurrencyconv.com.nu-error.log"​
    CustomLog "logs/dragonscurrencyconv.com.nu-access.log" common​
</VirtualHost>​
​
ProxyPass "/" "E:/programming/visual_studio_2017/Projects/currency_converter/x64/Release"​
ProxyPass "/?q=accesskey"
"

Should I put the same path as for the first ProxyPass directive, for the "/" route, for the
accesskey route as well, or is that one also wrong?  What would the correct one be if so?
 My app's source code is all on GitHub, here: https://github.com/DragonOsman/currency_converter.
 Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
[https://avatars0.githubusercontent.com/u/18173932?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/DragonOsman/currency_converter>

GitHub - DragonOsman/currency_converter: Application for Computer Science course<https://github.com/DragonOsman/currency_converter>
Google Maps + Currency Converter Web Application. Application for Computer Science course.
This is a currency converter web application with the frontend and a backend.
github.com