httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RequestReadTimeout not being overridden in VirtualHost
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 12:11:31 GMT
mod_reqtimeout uses the setting of the "base" host, not necessarily the virtual host selected
by SSL.

The "base" host is usually the first one for the given port. So when you have virtual host
A, X, C in
that order in your config, try changing the setting for A.

-Stefan

PS. I find this not intuitive.

> Am 25.01.2019 um 13:05 schrieb Paul Beckett <paulnorwichuea@gmail.com>:
>
> I am runnning Apache HTTP2.4.34 (built from source on RHEL6.10).
>
> RequestReadTimeout is being set at the Server level:
> 	RequestReadTimeout         header=5-10,MinRate=500 body=5-20,MinRate=500
>
> I'm attempting to override RequestReadTimeout for a VirtualHost, I have tried completely
de-restricting it inside the VirutalHost with:
> 	RequestReadTimeout header=0 body=0
> and have also tried upping the body restriction in the VirutalHost:
> 	RequestReadTimeout         header=5-10,MinRate=500 body=5-120,MinRate=500
>
> Neither of these changes is working as I'd expected, and file uploads are still timing
out (408 response), after the twenty seconds specified at the Server level. Increasing the
value at the server level, causes it to work.

> I've read the apache doc https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_reqtimeout.html ,
and thought that this should work. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.