httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Cauhape <jpcauh...@detr.nv.gov>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL Handshake Exception in call from Android
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 21:55:24 GMT
Jerry,

Have you set LogLevel  to "debug" in httpd.conf and then check the sever error logs?
Could be helpful to see what the server is objecting to.

Jeffrey Cauhape – IT Professional III – Linux and Solaris Administrator
Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
(775) 684-3804 (office)     jpcauhape@detr.nv.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Malcolm [mailto:techstuff@malcolms.com]
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 1:59 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] SSL Handshake Exception in call from Android

I am writing an Android app that needs to make calls to my httpd server (Apache 2.4.33).
I am getting the following exception in my Android app:

Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: SSL handshake aborted:
ssl=0x809adc78: Failure in SSL library, usually a protocol error
     error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure (external/openssl/ssl/s23_clnt.c:744
0x725e0cfc:0x00000000)

The same Android app calls Google Maps https with no problem and also calls another server
with https that I do not own with no problem.  So I'm assuming I have something wrong in
my httpd config.  But I need some help figuring it out.

The same web site responds just fine to https calls from browsers.  It just doesn't work
when called from my Android app. It also works fine if I use http instead of https.  But
I need https.

Suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Thx.

Jerry