httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Malcolm <techst...@malcolms.com>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL Handshake Exception in call from Android
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 20:58:53 GMT
I am writing an Android app that needs to make calls to my httpd server
(Apache 2.4.33).  I am getting the following exception in my Android app:

Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: SSL handshake aborted:
ssl=0x809adc78: Failure in SSL library, usually a protocol error
     error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert
handshake failure (external/openssl/ssl/s23_clnt.c:744
0x725e0cfc:0x00000000)

The same Android app calls Google Maps https with no problem and also
calls another server with https that I do not own with no problem.  So
I'm assuming I have something wrong in my httpd config.  But I need some
help figuring it out.

The same web site responds just fine to https calls from browsers.  It
just doesn't work when called from my Android app. It also works fine if
I use http instead of https.  But I need https.

Suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Thx.

Jerry