httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hajo Locke <Hajo.Lo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] define variables by vhost only
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 14:07:33 GMT
Hello,

thanks for your answer.

Am 05.11.2018 um 14:00 schrieb Gillis J. de Nijs:
> Alternatlvely, you can just put the AddHandler in the VirtualHost
> directly, and not bother with the .htaccess files.
yes, i have in Vhost a preconfigured addhandler which fits for most
needs. These parts of VHost-Configurations are created automatically by
our own customer-menu. The addhandler in .htaccess file should help
people with some special requirements.
We moved from classic fastcgi to mod_proxy_fcgid, and we try to keep
userspaceconfiguration unchanged, but seems to be impossible.
May be we should say good buy to our former use of addhandler to choose
php-versions and only use the modern way. But its not easy for
support-people. Its harder to support uneven machines with mixed setups.
The use of "define" was our closest attempt, but also seems to be off
the track.