httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Malcolm <techst...@malcolms.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL Handshake Exception in call from Android
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2018 00:10:11 GMT
Hi Jeffrey,  Thanks for the quick response.

I set the LogLevel to debug.  I'm getting a ton of debug info
everywhere.  However, the https requests from my app are not even
showing up in any logs.... not even the virtual host access or error
logs or the apache system logs.  Nada... nothing.  As if the calls were
never made.  Just to make sure there wasn't something else wrong, I
changed https:// to http:// in my app, and everything works, including a
ton of debug info in all of the logs.  But as soon as I use https, it
looks like the requests aren't even making it into httpd.  But again....
the whole site works fine in https when using a browser.

Any ideas?  Am I not looking at the right place for the logs?

Jerry

On 11/2/2018 4:55 PM, Jeff Cauhape wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> Have you set LogLevel  to "debug" in httpd.conf and then check the sever error logs?
> Could be helpful to see what the server is objecting to.
>
> Jeffrey Cauhape – IT Professional III – Linux and Solaris Administrator
> Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
> (775) 684-3804 (office)     jpcauhape@detr.nv.gov

I am getting the following exception in my Android app:

> Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: SSL handshake aborted:
> ssl=0x809adc78: Failure in SSL library, usually a protocol error
>       error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
(external/openssl/ssl/s23_clnt.c:744
> 0x725e0cfc:0x00000000)
>
> The same Android app calls Google Maps https with no problem and also calls another server
with https that I do not own with no problem.  So I'm assuming I have something wrong in
my httpd config.  But I need some help figuring it out.

> The same web site responds just fine to https calls from browsers.  It just doesn't
work when called from my Android app. It also works fine if I use http instead of https.
But I need https.