httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Houser, Rick" <rick.hou...@jackson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] URGENT: Apache HTTP Migration from 1.3 to 2.0 UNIX Solaris
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:40:16 GMT

Web Engineer

From: William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:18
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] URGENT: Apache HTTP Migration from 1.3 to 2.0 UNIX Solaris

EXTERNAL EMAIL

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 11:04 AM <singhal.ankit@tcs.com<mailto:singhal.ankit@tcs.com>>
wrote:

Our main objective is to migrate to 2.4. Since I faced an issue while doing so, I thought
it would be better to first migrate to 2.0 then to 2.2 and finally to 2.4.

While that is one approach, I'm afraid it won't speed up your exercise; it is most
direct to get 2.4 going.

In 2.4 itself the error is same.

The signature created turns out to be 00000000. I could not understand this part. I have gone
through the internet and there are always some definite signature is available but in my case
it turned out to be 0.

It is not a loadable library object.  Rather than fighting with cc's flags, review
the helper utility;

  https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/programs/apxs.html

This will make your life much simpler for compiling and linking loadable modules. It retains
the flags initially used for compiling httpd and modules, so that the results are consistent.