httpd-users mailing list archives

From Leam Hall <leamh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trouble-shooting Apache 2.2 Alias
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2018 12:08:01 GMT
On 10/27/18 7:49 AM, Eric Covener wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 7:29 AM Leam Hall <leamhall@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The only fix seems to be making the "<Directory />" more open than we
>> want. It seems like Apache can't handle a more open sub-directory than
>> whatever is allowed for the root directory.
>
> Apache can handle that just fine.  Show the smallest verbatim
> configuration that demonstrates something unexpected along w/ the
> logs.

Hey Eric, I appreciate the help! Here's what I have, though it is
transcribed.

Set locally required limited OS access.

	<Directory />
	  Options None
	  Order deny,allow
	  Deny from all
	</Directory>

We use Apache as a yum repo, and store the rpms outside of the DocumentRoot.

	Alias "/rhel/updates" "/opt/repository/rhel_patch_updates"
	<Directory "/opt/repository/rhel_patch_updates">
	  Options All
	  Order allow,deny
	  Allow from all
	</Directory>

When we hit 'http://myserver/rhel/updates' the error_log says it is
denied by server configuration. I've set the LogLevel to "debug" and
that's all I get. The log is at work, sorry. I'm the one who did the
server configuration so my bet is "operator error", just not sure how to
fix it.

Appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

Leam