httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Peters" <mpet...@domblogger.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .php3 files recognised but .php files not
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:53:25 GMT
On 06/10/2018 06:04 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> I have just installed openSUSE Leap 15.0 on a server including Apache
> 2.4.33 and php 7.2.5.
>
> If I attempt to access .php files, I'm offered them as downloads,
> although renaming them to .php3 makes them work fine. I have this file
> amongst my apache config
>
> conf.d/php7.conf
>
> <IfModule mod_php7.c>
>        <FilesMatch "\.ph(p[345]?|tml)$">
>            SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
>        </FilesMatch>
>        <FilesMatch "\.php[345]?s$">
>            SetHandler application/x-httpd-php-source
>        </FilesMatch>
>         DirectoryIndex index.php4
>         DirectoryIndex index.php5
>         DirectoryIndex index.php
> </IfModule>

Just change it to

<IfModule  mod_php7.c>
   <FilesMatch \.php$>
      SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
   </FilesMatch>
   <FilesMatch \.phps$>
      SetHandler application/x-httpd-php-source
   </FilesMatch>
   DirectoryIndex index.php
</IfModule>

If you really need .php3 .php4 .php5 add them as separate FilesMatch
directives.

Lot of stuff in php3/4 is deprecated on php7 so scripts written for php
that ancient are not likely to work unless they are very simple, and I
don't recall .php5 ever being an extension ever officially being promoted.

.php3 was because some servers had both php3 and php4 but I don't even
recall .php4 being an officially endorsed extension, let alone .php5.