httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Albert <...@netrition.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewriting SSI URLs
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 00:34:25 GMT
Is anyone aware of a method of rewriting a URL within a Server Side
Include (SSI)?

So for example,
<!--#include virtual="/abc/test.cgi"-->
I would like the web server to actually run the following
/abc/def/test.cgi

Changing <!--#include virtual="/abc/test.cgi"--> is not a reasonable
solution for me.

I understand that with SSIs the requests are all pre-output to the
client so the client does not make these requests, but I thought
relevant mod_rewrite directives particularly within the httpd.conf file
would be respected for an SSI but that does not seem to be the case.
Googling for advice on this presents almost zero relevant results except
one indicating that rewriting an SSI is not possible, so perhaps that is
the definitive answer.

Thank you.
Jim Albert