httpd-users mailing list archives

From Naveen Nandyala - Vendor <Naveen.Nandy...@walmart.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Mutual authentication between Apache HTTP server and an application server.
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 18:25:16 GMT
We have huge environment and we have seen some issue with merge plugin across multiple WAS
cells and clusters and its becoming more complicated to merge plugin. So we are looking for
alternate solution as Apache + Proxy instead of Apache + Plugin.

Warm Regards,
Naveen Kumar Reddy N

From: Eric Covener [mailto:covener@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 12:20 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: EXT: Re: [users@httpd] Mutual authentication between Apache HTTP server and an application
server.

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 12:47 PM, Naveen Nandyala - Vendor <Naveen.Nandyala@walmart.com<mailto:Naveen.Nandyala@walmart.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

                I’m using Apache HTTP server as a webserver and Websphere application server
as an Application server. Apache is using Proxy to redirect requests from Apache to Websphere.
On my websphere side security is enabled, and its looking for mutual authentication. Could
you please help me with where I can add my Application server’s root certificate on Apache
end?

​Out of curiosity, why mod_proxy instead of the WebSphere plugin?