httpd-users mailing list archives

From Naveen Nandyala - Vendor <Naveen.Nandy...@walmart.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Unable to reinitiate connection after application server's ip change.
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 00:41:34 GMT
Hello All,

                I'm using Apache as my Webserver and we have Tomcat and Websphere as our application
servers.  We are making an IP change on application servers. On our application servers we
don't specify any IP address in any of Tomcat or Websphere configuration. We only specify
server name everywhere.

                We are only changing IP address but not the server name. After IP change on
Websphere Our apache is not able to close old connections and open a new ones to new IP unless
we restart Apache due to which we are seeing 503 erros in our access logs.

We don't see this issue on Tomcat as soon as the tomcat servers are rebooted with new IP address
apache is able to connect to Tomcat servers without any restart. Could you please let me know
if we need to change anything on apache to initiate new connections with new IP and close
existing connections as soon as backend websphere  application server is stopped?

Warm Regards,
Naveen Kumar Reddy N
IBM Middleware WAS-MQ Tower Lead ( WalMart )
Toll Free Number - 866-912-0282(B),855-755-9356(H)
Mail: nknandy@wal-mart.com<mailto:nknandy@wal-mart.com>
SLACK Channel:: middleware_l2
[cid:image001.jpg@01D26CB2.5110A6F0]
Middleware ServiceNow Service Catalog Task Policy:: https://collaboration.wal-mart.com/display/IPSMW/Service+Now+Service+Task+Catalog+Policy